April 13, 2012

The Bucket

I have this bucket outside.


My ex-husband made it years ago.  I never really knew what to do with it.  I kept it at the time because he made it and I couldn't just get rid of it.  When the kids started getting bigger it became the ball catch-all.  It held our supply of basketballs, volleyballs, soccer balls, footballs and the list goes on and on.  As the kids have grown and the number of sporting items have diminished (but not all gone), it is time to do something with the bucket.  I hate to throw it away.  So, I decided to dress it up a bit.


My summer time ball bucket as it was:



 









































I got out the spray paint primer and went to town.  


The first coat I started in white.




My son and I went to the local home improvement store and purchased trim, a fleur type thingy, teal spray paint and feet.  


He is the power tool man.  I came home from work and this is what I found.















He even put a bottom in it so it can still hold all the sporting good balls.  A lot of dog toys actually.


I think it looks so much better.  And thanks to my crafty son who is always so helpful in making my ideas come to fruition.  He is the best son!

1 comment:

  1. That is soooo cute. I just love it. Tell your son he sure has a act for talent......

    ReplyDelete